Botulinumtoxin is one of the most popular treatment against wrinkles especially in the upper third of the face. These static wrinkles are caused from the continuous movement of the upper face muscles. Botulinumtoxin relaxes the muscles thus fainting the wrinkles. It is a safe treatment that is used over 30 years from dermatologists for this purpose. It is administered through small injections especially on forehead, between the eyebrows, around the eyes and the mouth.
Micro or baby botox is another way of injecting the toxin in smaller amounts or fewer injection points. The injection technique is slightly different in order to achieve the maximum effect without having a frozen look.
What are the advantages of baby botox?
- It can be administered also in young patients for prophylactic purposes.
- The muscle movement is partially retained but the fine wrinkles faint.
- The cost of the treatment is lesser compared with the classic administration.
- It can be used in the same areas like the classic administration (forehead, between eyebrows, around the eyes and the mouth and on the neck)
What are the differences from the classic administration?
- The duration of action is less since we use less units of botulinumtoxin (usually 3 months).
- The muscle movement is retained so micro-botox can not be used in deep static wrinkles.
- You will probalby need more treatments in 1 year (3-4 sessions per year compared with the classic administration).
The clinical examination from the doctor before the treatment will guide you to decide which method is suitable for you (micro botox or classic administration).